A UK Beauty, Lifestyle & Parenting Blog

Friday 30 May 2014

DIY French Manicure | How I Do It

DIY French Manicure Tutorial

Don't you just love how clean and fresh a French Manicure can make your hands look? There's no need to pay salon prices when it's so simple and easy to do at home. There are quite a few different ways to do an at-home French Mani, like using tape or stencils for instance, but I want to show you the way I like to do it. It involves no awkward cutting/drawing - just a steady hand.

Tools You Need
Nail File
Pure Acetone
A Dish (or you could just use the cap of the acetone
An eyeshadow brush or paint brush
Base Coat
White Nail Polish
Sheer Pink French Manicure Polish
Top Coat

DIY French Manicure Tools

1. Start with clean, bare, filed nails.
2. Add your basecoat of choice. I like to use Revlon's Quick Dry Base Coat. It's the best I've tried so far.

DIY French Manicure Tutorial

3. Take your white polish and paint over the tips a little bit bigger than how you would like them. It doesn't matter how messy you are with this as it's gonna be tidied up soon. I use Barry M Nail Paint in Matt White, but any white polish will do. Add another coat for opacity and allow to dry.
4. Add a small amount of pure acetone into a little dish (or the cap itself). Dip the eyeshadow brush or paint brush into the acetone and neaten up the tips to the shape you like them. I find pure acetone works much easier (& quicker) than regular nail polish. I use a mixture of pushing (towards the tip of the nail) and sweeping motions in order to get the shape I like.
5. Repeat all steps to each nail until you are happy with the tips.
6. Add a coat of sheer pink manicure polish. I'm using the Miss Sporty Et Voila French Manicure Polish. It's cheap and cheerful, and leaves a lovely shine without making the tips look pink.
7.. Add your favourite topcoat and you're good to go! I adore Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, and I can't imagine using anything else now!

DIY French Manicure Tutorial

VOILA! There you have it! It takes time and patience, but I love the results.
How do you do yours?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig